The Marlowe Carryall
Brand Peg and Awl
The Marlowe Carryall is a reusable ‘paper bag’ constructed of waxed canvas and WWII leather – ideal for carrying anything from books and daily necessities to groceries. The Carryall is constructed like a super market brown bag and made to last. It fits comfortably over the shoulder, and is finished with a little pocket on the inside for small things such as lip balm, money, a cell phone, &c.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax) in various colors
- Body measure 14" (35.6cm) tall by 11.5" (29.2cm) wide by 7" (17.8cm) deep
- Fits up to a 15″ laptop
- Leather handles from reclaimed WWII gunslings and attached with brass rivets (the coloration of the leather varies -- see images)
- Handles measure 21" (53.5cm) long with a 10" (25.5cm) handle drop
- 1 interior pocket measuring 7″ (17.8cm) wide by 5″ (12.7cm) tall
- Minimally packaged with a letter-pressed tag and string