Ruh Khus Essential Oil
Ruh Khus essential oil, also known as wild vetiver, has nervous system stabilizing and uplifting properties, making it a good choice for helping to reduce stress and depression. Its balancing effect helps ease nervous tension and excessive energy while helping to concentrate the mind, to organize scattered thoughts and to overcome intellectual fatigue. A natural tranquilizer, it can also assist with sleep and insomnia concerns. Its superior grounding properties make ruh khus essential oil an overall effective choice for emotional centering.
How to Use Ruh Khus Essential Oil
- Though rhu khus can be diffused, it is not recommended for some systems as its syrupy, sticky consistency can clog diffusers. Ruh khus can, however, be premixed with thinner oils and then diffused.
- Ruh khus oil is primarily used topically, either as a single note perfume, a fixative in perfume blends, or any number of therapeutic uses. The aroma of rhu khus is one of the strongest base notes and can easily overtake other oils. For perfurmery and fixative purposes, when combining essential oils it is recommended to limit the dilution of ruh khus to 5% of the total essential oil content. The oil is also extremely tenacious; one drop of ruh khus can linger on the skin for many days.
- A combination of 5 drops vetiver and 20 drops lavender, applied (diluted) to the soles of the feet and diffused, is an effective stress-reducing blend and, in the evening, can encourage deep and restful sleep.
- To reduce the effects of external heat, add two drops of vetiver oil to tepid bath water or apply (diluted) onto skin for a cool, grounding effect.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Ruh Khus Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Base note
- Odor: Rich, balsamic, root-like, deep wood-earth
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Warm, spicy
- Blends Well With: Ylang-ylang oil, sandalwood oil, clary sage oil, patchouli oil, jatamansi oil, angelica oil and lavender oil
- Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanoides
- Family: Poaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Ruh Khus Essential Oil
- Origin: India
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: roots
- Color: dark amber, brown, or green
- Consistency: highly viscous
- Yield: 0.3% - 2%
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)