Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Roman chamomile oil is best known throughout the ages for its sedative and soothing qualities. Endowed with an overall calming effect for the stressed mind and tense body, Roman chamomile essential oil can also be used to ease feelings of grief, anger, discontent or over-sensitivity. These properties render it useful in gently overcoming feelings of anxiousness and restlessness or trouble sleeping.
Next to lavender, Roman or English chamomile is a favorite in many aromatherapy cabinets because of the many beneficent qualities. Roman chamomile can safely be used on children, the elderly, and animals. Its therapeutic profile, characterized by both gentleness and effectiveness, make it useful in treating conditions of excess heat. Gentle and calming, Roman chamomile shines as an agent of general skin health and has been used successfully to treat upset, reddened skin.
Chamomile essential oils are stand-outs in massage oils, salves, and compresses, where they help alleviate tired and sore bodies and muscles, perhaps due to overworking or stress. In all it’s incarnations, chamomile reliably provides cooling, soothing, and gentle aid.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Profile
The flower tops of the Roman Chamomile plant are grown and harvested organically for Floracopeia in South Africa.
How to Use Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Inhale Roman Chamomile to help support calm and relaxation. In stressful transitions, carry a bottle in your pocket and use a drop and inhale whenever you promote calm.
Other Ways to Use Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Roman chamomile can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse Roman chamomile to produce calm for the entire family. Can be just the trick to help an upset toddler (or adult) out of their tantrum. With its versatile fruity aroma, a drop of chamomile can boost the effectiveness of your other diffuser blends.
- Skin Soothe: Combine Roman chamomile with yarrow oil and helichrysum oil in a carrier oil or a potent blend that is effective and gentle. Use it wherever you would like to bring the calm smooth qualities of chamomile to your skin.
- Nighttime Bath: Add a few drops to bath water before bedtime to bring calm, peaceful sleep.
- Diffuse Roman chamomile or apply several drops to soles of feet to calm frayed nerves.
Safety Considerations for Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Do not take Roman chamomile essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending Information of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Sweet, herbaceous, tea-like, woody; apple- or peach-like fruity freshness
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Botanical Name: Anthemis nobilis
- Family: Asteraceae (Compositae)
- Composition: 100% Pure Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Origin: Hungary
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Flowering tops
- Color: Clear to very pale blue
- Consistency: Mobile
- Yield: 0.4% - 1.0%
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)