Patchouli Essential Oil, Aged 5 Years
In this gem of the distiller's art, patchouli's trademark sensual and exotic aroma has been enriched by aging, a process which both deepens and refines the musky, rich character that is the hallmark of a quality patchouli oil. A note about this special reserve: Only a few essential oils improve with age - patchouli is one of them. Though aging is essential in capturing the rarified essence of a refined patchouli, it is unusual to encounter an oil that is more than two years old. We have a very limited supply of this aged patchouli oil; it is a valuable collector's item for natural perfumers and essential oil aficionados alike that will be enjoyed for years to come.
Patchouli like vetiver, sandalwood, cedar, and frankincense is a perfume fixative. A fixative is a necessary component of a perfume, with its rich and deep scent and the power of holding top and middle notes to the skin for long periods. Patchouli has long been used for beautifying the skin. Aside from being a famous perfume, it is added to many skin lotions and potions. It has the ability as a soothing tonic to restore your skin's youthful glow and grace. It can be very effective in calming and clearing red and upset adolescent skin. It is also used in a solution of a carrier oil to apply to nails suffering from yellowing or cracking.
As for the mind, Patchouli is first thought of for its sensual power in creating an amorous atmosphere. Adding patchouli to your diffuser along with ylang-ylang, bergamot, and frankincense will create a sweet space to become uplifted and adored in. Emotionally, this member of the mint family shines as a sedative and mood balancer. Its warm character renders it a useful oil for treating prolonged sadness and low motivation. These same musky, comforting qualities make it valuable in addressing issues of addiction, physical and mental. It banishes torpor, sharpens focus and brightens outlooks.
Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil Profile
We have a very limited supply of this aged patchouli oil; this patchouli is wildcrafted in Indonesia and steam-distilled into a rich, exquisite oil.
How to Use Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil
- Massage or Perfume Oil: The aroma of Patchouli is rich, sensuous and earthy. Being a very strong base note it can easily overtake other oils. For perfumery/fixative purposes, it is recommended to limit patchouli to 5% or less total essential oil content when combining oils. Start with one drop and let some time pass before adding more to your blend. Once you like your essential oil blend, add it to a few ounces of your favorite carrier oil. This can be used for a massage or just rub a few drop of it onto your wrists for perfume or use as a light deodorant.
Other Ways to Use Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil
While patchouli oil has a wide array of therapeutic uses, this particular special reserve aged variety lends itself particularly well to perfume blending and other aromatic usages.
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Diluted in quality carrier oil such as marula oil or jojoba oil, our patchouli oil can be used through direct palm inhalation.
- Aromatic Bath: Add patchouli oil to a relaxing bath oil blend to feel deeply moisturized and nourished.
Ayurvedic Wisdom for Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil
Patchouli is considered warming and moistening so it is an excellent remedy for conditions of excess wind or where the Vata dosha are present. Being of the earth, this oil has calming, grounding and centering properties that work on both the body and the mind equally. Due to its watery nature it is can assist in working against excess heat or Pitta dosha in the body and mind.
Safety Considerations for Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil
Patchouli oil is non-toxic, non-irritating, and non-sensitizing. Do not take patchouli essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Odor: Extremely rich, root-like and earthy with a wine-like ethereal floral sweetness; herbaceous, aromatic spicy and woody-balsamic
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Dry-out: Warm, sweet
- Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Composition: 100% Pure Patchouli Aged 5 Years Essential Oil
- Origin: Indonesia
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves, aerial parts
- Color: Rich orange to brown
- Consistency: Viscous
- Yield: 0.5% - 1.2%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)