Manduka EkoLite Yoga Mat
The eKO Lite™ Mat provides a naturally grippy surface that catches if you start to slip. Eco-friendly and made of natural materials, this non-Amazon harvested tree rubber mat firmly supports both your practice and our planet.
- 4.5 lbs
- 68” x 24”
- 4 mm thick
- Developed by yoga teachers over 4 years.
- Most durable natural rubber yoga mat on the market.
- No PVC or harmful plasticizers.
- Made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber with non-toxic foaming agents and non-AZO dyes.
- 99% latex free.
- All post-industrial scrap is thoughtfully collected and utilized in the production of other materials creating a zero waste manufacturing process.
The eKO Mat represents a bright future for the eco-friendly yoga mat - it leaves behind no footprint in landfills, but will definitely make a lasting impression in the studio. TUnlike other rubber mats available today, the foaming agents used to create the eKO Lite are non-toxic. What this means is that no toxic chemicals have gone into the manufacturing process to soften the rubber. Additionally, instead of using synthetic polyester for reinforcement, we have chosen to use a blend of polyester and natural cotton. According to both customer feedback and published yoga mat reviews, the eKO Lite Mat is a high performance mat that is also good for the environment.
Tri-Layer Technology offers an optimal combination of grip, durability, comfort, and performance:
(1) Top Layer: Natural sealed-cell surface keeps out moisture and sweat from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria.
(2) Center Layer: Stretch-resistant scrim binds the unique layers together using a heating process which eliminates the need for toxic glues.
(3) Bottom Layer: Thicker, bottom layer provides lightweight cushion and excellent loft for your practice!
Discoloration can be a by-product of natural rubber products. To keep your mat in the best condition, visit the use & care section.
Cleaning + Storage
All eKO series mats can be cleaned by wiping down the mat with Manduka’s Mat Restore Spray (a vinegar based solution) or a 50/50 mixture of water and organic apple cider vinegar. It is recommended that you DO NOT put your eKO mat in the washing machine, as it will encourage the material to break down. DO NOT soak or submerge in water and DO NOT use any type of soap for cleaning, as it will compromise the performance and integrity of the mat.
Do not leave the mat exposed to direct sunlight. If wet, allow the mat to dry before rolling up.