Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Distinguished by a crisp, clean fragrance note, Eucalyptus radiata, or narrow leaf eucalyptus, is a cooling natural support for deep and clear breathing. Rich in cineoles, it is considered the most therapeutically versatile of all eucalyptus oils. This bright, energizing nectar is organically distilled for Floracopeia from South African eucalyptus trees.
Eucalyptus radiata throughout time immemorial, has an affinity for enhancing the breath, making it suitable for topical application as well as direct inhalation supporting the whole family’s vitality and energy during challenging winter months. It is considered to be one of the more useful of the eucalyptus varieties due to its pleasant smell and good assimilation qualities. Its powerful properties make eucalyptus oil a star support for direct inhalation or in diffuser therapy whenever the children bring home mucous from school.
Cleansing and penetrating, eucalyptus oil may be used topically, diffused, or in inhalation therapy to support in clearing and energizing tired or overworked bodies. It may also be used topically or in a spritzer as an insect repellent. Eucalyptus is added to many household cleaners for good reason, just add a few drops to what you already have for a fresh clean boost in scent and efficiency!
Eucalyptus has a refreshing and stimulating action on the mind, helping to improve concentration. It is associated with the alleviation of grief and sorrow, as well as opening the heart and intellect while equalizing emotions.
How to Use Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
- Diffuser: Eucalyptus radiata has a cool and crisp fragrance. Diffuse it in your home daily whenever the children are congested or you want to be sure to keep the air fresh and clean. Can be blended with other oils like peppermint and conifers to increase effectiveness.
Other Ways to Use Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil can be applied topically (in at least 50-50 dilution), as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Add a few drops to water in a spray bottle to reduce pet and stale odors.
- Add several drops to ½ oz marula oil and apply as a chest rub to encourage open and clear breath.
- Massage diluted eucalyptus oil (2% eucalyptus, 98% carrier oil) to promote feelings of comfort in the body and joints.
- Inhale (direct palm) or diffuse eucalyptus oil to lift the heart. Diffuse eucalyptus oil to disinfect and repel insects.
Safety Considerations for Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil is non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing. People with high blood pressure and epilepsy should avoid eucalyptus oil. Excessive use of this oil may cause headaches. Do not take eucalyptus essential oil internally.
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus radiata
- Family: Myrtaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Leaves, young twigs
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Mobile
- Yield: 1.0% - 2.4%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)